Among various disorders that our body suffers from, arthritis is the most common one. It can be explained as an inflammation of the joints. It is typically characterized by pain and stiffness in the joints. The condition typically worsens with advanced age. There are approximately 100 types of arthritis. Among them, some of the common types are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, infectious arthritis, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis and gout. Arthritis may involve the joints of various organs and cause the symptoms like pain and stiffness in the joints, swelling and reddening of the joints as well as reduced range of motion. The risk factors for arthritis include advanced age, sex (women are more likely to develop arthritis than men), family history, previous joint injury and obesity. The causes of arthritis may vary depending upon its different types.
Arthritis can be treated with various treatment options. The conventional treatment options include medications like analgesics to reduce pain, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs to relieve pain and inflammation and corticosteroids to relieve inflammation. Physical therapy is found to be helpful for some types of arthritis, which can help improve range of motion and strengthen the muscles present around the joints. In chronic cases, if these solutions don’t work, then you need to undergo surgery. The doctor may suggest joint replacement surgery or joint fusion surgery.
Other than these treatment options, there are a variety of home remedies and natural treatments available to cure arthritis. The major benefit of these remedies is that they are free from any side-effects and equally beneficial. There are some common as well as activated home remedies. Let’s understand in detail about home remedies for arthritis.
Home Remedies for Arthritis
These days, home remedies have gained popularity due to their easy availability and effective results. When you experience arthritis pain, you may apply heat to the painful joint. For that, you may use heating pads, electric blankets or hot packs. Or simply, you may take a hot bath or shower, which can give you a soothing effect. Application of cold compresses like ice bag can also work. Following are some of the simple natural treatments that you may try to get relief from arthritis pain.
– Massage: The massage using mustard oil is said to be an excellent solution to reduce pain and inflammation from arthritis. Massaging with warm oil helps to stimulate the blood flow. A small quantity of eucalyptus oil or a combination of eucalyptus oil and wintergreen oil can be helpful to reduce inflammation.
– Ginger: It is another beneficial natural treatment that is easily available in the kitchen. Ginger is known to have natural anti-inflammatory properties. Prepare a mixture of 6 teaspoons of dried ginger, 6 teaspoons of caraway seeds and 3 teaspoons of black pepper. Half a teaspoon of this mixture should be taken along with water, thrice in a day. Ginger oil, if applied regularly on the affected area, can help relieve pain, stiffness and inflammation in the joints. Eating raw ginger daily can help improve the blood circulation and reduce arthritic pain.
– Turmeric: Turmeric, due to its content of curcumin, is known to possess anti-inflammatory properties. Regular consumption of turmeric can help relieve inflammation. Turmeric is effective especially in case of rheumatoid arthritis. Drink a fresh turmeric juice or one teaspoon of turmeric powder added in a glassful of water.
– Apple Cider Vinegar: Being a rich source of minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus, apple cider vinegar helps to eliminate toxin buildup in the joints and connective tissues. Consume a solution of one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and honey in a cup of warm water in the morning, which gives an alkalizing effect.
– Cinnamon: Known to have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, cinnamon can be used to reduce arthritis pain. Add a mixture of half teaspoon of cinnamon powder and one tablespoon of honey to a cup of warm water and consume it every morning an empty stomach. You may continue this remedy for several days. Another effective remedy is to massage a cinnamon paste gently on the painful joint.
– Epsom Salt: Due to its high content of magnesium, Epsom salt can help maintain pH levels in the body. A proper balance of pH levels in the body is very important in case of certain inflammatory diseases like arthritis, which are caused due to high acidic levels in the body. Prepare a mixture of Epsom salt and fresh lemon juice and add to half cup of warm water. Take a teaspoon of this mixture twice a day.
Besides these simple home remedies, you have to follow some precautionary measures. Since excessive body weight is one of the major causes of arthritic pain, you need to maintain a healthy body weight. It can be achieved by proper, balanced diet and regular exercising. Include Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet, which is found in fish oil and flaxseeds. Another beneficial fatty acid is gamma-linolenic acid or GLA, found in the seeds of borage, evening primrose and black currants. These fatty acids can help reduce joint pain and stiffness.
Activated Home Remedies
This is all about simple home remedies. If you don’t get expected results, then you may opt for some activated home remedies that you will be able to discover on http://arthritis.activatedhomeremedies.com/. Blue Heron is the natural, step-by-step program for healing arthritis. It assures to make you completely free from the shackles of arthritis in less than 21 days. Thanks to Shelly Manning for designing this unique program and giving a great relief from arthritis to thousands of people.