Body wraps are slimming treatments which result in quick weight loss. Earlier they consisted of ace bandages or plastic wraps which were tightly wrapped around the body which caused inch and weight loss quickly. Of late body wraps are made up of a body mask with algae, seaweed, clay, mud, lotion or cream wrapped around the body for some time before being washed off. Body wraps using algae or seaweed, mud and clay are also detox treatments which remove the toxins from the body by stimulating metabolism. There are body hydrating body wraps which use Shea butter and other products to soften the skin. Body wraps can be made at home and used; however there are activated home remedies which can provide faster results.
A body wrap procedure usually begins with exfoliation using dry brushing or a salt scrub. This is followed by wrapping the body with the selected ingredients incorporating massaging techniques. The product is applied on the body is wrapped using blankets, towels or plastic wraps to keep warm, usually for around 20 minutes. After this the wrapping is removed and the mask is washed off. This is followed by application of a moisturizer. Body wraps produce a slimming effect and can be used to reduce cellulite and tighten the body.
Home remedies for Body wraps:
Body wraps can be made using home remedies are found to be very useful for quick weight and inch loss.
– Avocado and coconut oil body wrap- Mash two avocadoes and add 3 tbsp sea salt, 2 tbsp honey, juices of two lemons, and ¼ cup of coconut oil and mix. Apply on the skin for about 15 minutes and scrub off with warm water.
– Wear a rubber waist band around the waist for a few days. This will help in inch loss around the abdomen.
– Mix ¼ cup of warm coffee grounds with one tbsp olive oil and apply on the skin. Wrap the area in a plastic wrap and keep it for several minutes. Remove wrap and shower.
– Mix 1 cup of green clay with ¼ cup of sea salt, ¼ cup of aloe vera gel and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Essential oils like geranium, sage or lemon oil can also be added. Apply and warp the skin with old sheets, towels or plastic wrap. Leave for some time and rinse off.
– Add half a cup of Epsom salts in a bucket of water and pour 3 cups of boiling water to melt the salts. Add a few drops of lavender or rosemary oil and one cup of green clay to make a paste. Put this mask on the skin and wrap. Wash off after few minutes.
– Soak elastic cotton bandages in warm seaweed and clay solution which acts like a compress and removes unwanted toxins and fluids from the body.
– Make a puree of ripe papaya pulp. Apply it on the skin and wrap using plastic wraps. Lie down in a warm room for some time and then take a shower.
– Mix 4 cups of yogurt with two cups of honey and 8-10 drops of lavender oil. Apply and wrap the body with plastic wrap. Leave on for around 30 minutes and rinse it off.
Activated Home remedy for Body Wraps:
‘ Wrap yourself Slim – Body wraps exposed’ by Ella Simpson is a collection of natural home body wrap recipes which can aid in inch loss, skin toning, detoxification and reduction of cellulite. This treatment method can be downloaded from the website http://bodywraps.activatedhomeremedies.com/. This e-book contains formulas and techniques for body wraps which are very effective in tightening the skin and detoxification while providing a relaxing treatment within the comfort of your home using simple and all natural ingredients.
Flabby skin along with cellulite is a disaster and prevents the person from wearing the apparel of his/her choice. Body wraps in salon’s are expensive and time consuming. Try these all natural body wrap recipes using cheap ingredients at home and get a slim and toned body.