Bacterial vaginosis refers to a vaginal infection caused due to an imbalance between the good and bad bacteria in the vagina. It commonly occurs in women during their child bearing years. Having multiple sexual partners and douching the vagina may lead to this imbalance and cause the infection. Having bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy can increase the risk of miscarriage and uterine infection. If bacterial vaginosis is present when undergoing a pelvic procedure like caesarian section, abortion or hysterectomy then it may lead to pelvic infection. It also increases the risk of contracting sexually transmitted diseases. Bacterial vaginosis can be treated using home remedies. There are certain activated home remedies also which provide quick relief from this condition.
Bacterial vaginosis is caused to the imbalance of vaginal flora. Most of the vaginal flora consists of lactobacillus bacteria which maintain the pH level of the vagina to prevent growth of bad bacteria. During bacterial vaginosis there are less lactobacillus bacteria and more of other organisms. The symptoms of bacterial vaginosis include vaginal discharge which is grayish white in color along with a foul smelling odor. Smoking, having more sexual partners, douching and not using condoms increases the risk of bacterial vaginosis.
Home remedies for Bacterial Vaginosis:
Bacterial vaginosis can be controlled and treated managed by adopting certain precautions and using home remedies.
– Apple cider vinegar is a very good remedy for bacterial vaginosis. It increases the acidity and makes it impossible for bacteria to survive and also creates an environment for good bacteria to grow. Add a cup of apple cider vinegar to the bath and sit in it for about 20 minutes.
– Yogurt is very helpful in treating this condition as it contains lactobacillus which fights against the bad bacteria and maintains the pH of the vagina. Dip a cotton pad in yogurt and apply it on the vaginal area. Leave for half an hour and rinse off. Repeat daily. Yogurt can also be consumed.
– Tea tree oil has anti-bacterial properties and anti-fungal properties which destroys germs and reduces smell. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to warm water and use it as a rinse.
– Garlic has antifungal and antibiotic properties which can fight against bacteria. Wrap a garlic clove in gauze and leave it in the vagina for few minutes. Also consume garlic daily.
– Fenugreek is very effective in treating bacterial vaginosis. Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek in water overnight and drink this water on an empty stomach in the morning.
– Milk also contains lactobacilli and can be used to treat bacterial vaginosis. Dip a cotton pad in milk and apply on the affected area. Add some turmeric to milk and drink daily.
– Coconut oil has antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties and can be used as a remedy for bacterial vaginosis. Apply coconut oil on the affected area daily.
– Neem has antifungal and antibacterial properties which can reduce itching and inflammation. Grind the neem leaves and make a paste with water and apply it around the vagina before washing off.
– Tannin present in tea has astringent properties. Soak the tea bags in water and apply it topically for relief from symptoms of bacterial vaginosis.
– Oregano oil can be used to fight germs causing bacterial vaginosis. Mix this oil in olive oil and apply on the affected area and leave it for few hours.
Activated Home remedy for Bacterial Vaginosis:
The eBook ‘Bacterial Vaginosis Freedom’ by Elena Peterson available at http://bacterialvaginosis.activatedhomeremedies.com/ provides a permanent treatment solution for bacterial vaginosis. This is a home remedy based on a 3-step technique to get rid of bacterial vaginosis within a very short time using few common ingredients. It is all natural and inexpensive and eliminates the foul smell and discharge associated with bacterial vaginosis and restores the vaginal pH balance.
Vaginal hygiene is very important and bacterial vaginosis is a very embarrassing condition due to the fishy smell and discharge it produces. It can also lead to other infections if it persists. Therefore, make use of this natural and cheap home remedy and eliminate bacterial vaginosis and prevent it for recurring. Restore your body balance and lead a stress free life.